Friday, June 29, 2018

Creating Your Own Whimsical Twitter Bot With Tracery

Inspired by a series of awesome Twitter bots that tweet seemingly random, but hilarious messages such as BoredElonMusk or thinkpiecebot, I set out to create some of my own. One that tweets random ideas for board games, and the other (that ties to a fiction project I’ve had in progress for some time) that tweets how the world ended. I didn’t want to spend too much time initially on the project, and someone recommended a site called cheapbotsdonequick.com, which does what its name implies, and is powered by Tracery, an open source Twitter bot library, meaning I could self-host when I was ready.

cheapbotsdonequick

Using the site to create and self-host your bot is incredibly easy; you log in with the Twitter account for your bot and add a string of JSON that represents the bot. Here’s the early code for BoardgameJerk:



from DZone.com Feed https://ift.tt/2MydsIc

No comments:

Post a Comment