Thursday, January 31, 2019

How to Create a Simple Application With Redis Cloud and Node.js

Sometimes I "think" in Redis. It's a bit hard to describe, but I tend to think of real-life problems in terms of how I would solve them in Redis (I... think it might be a sickness). I've been renovating my house for a couple of years now and one of the most unexpected challenges is dealing with how long it takes to plaster, paint, apply adhesive and the like to dry and cure. Some things take weeks to cure before you can move on to the next step. I had a minor annoyance/disaster this weekend and I told myself that I'm not going to let it happen again. So... off to Redis to do an application speedrun.

In this post, I'm going to build a small application that uses Node.js and Redis Enterprise Cloud to keep track of when things are "dry" or cured. You can record when you applied "paint" (we just use this as a generalized "material" but it could be anything) and it won't let you paint again if it's not dry. Finally, you can also check on the status of a coat of paint by finding out how long it's got left. I know, it's elegant, yet way over-engineered — I'll have VC funding in no time!



from DZone.com Feed http://bit.ly/2SgnTX7

No comments:

Post a Comment