Thursday, August 2, 2018

PyDev of the Week: William F. Punch

This week we welcome William Punch as our PyDev of the Week. Mr. Punch is the co-author of the book, The Practice of Computing using Python and he is an assistant professor of computer science at Michigan State University. Let's take a few moments to get to know him better!

Can you tell us a little about yourself (hobbies, education, etc)?:

I'm a graduate of The Ohio State University. I did my undergraduate work in organic/bio chemistry and worked for a while in a medical research lab. I found I didn't like the work as much as I did in college so I looked for something else. Fortunately the place I worked offered continuing education so I started going to school at night at the University of Cincinnati to study chemical engineering. I thought I could get through that quickly given my background. The first courses I took were computer science courses and I was completely taken with them. I changed to CS and eventually went back to OSU and got my Ph.D.



from DZone.com Feed https://ift.tt/2OAdvEY

No comments:

Post a Comment