Friday, August 31, 2018

PyDev of the Week: Manuel Kaufmann

This week we welcome Manuel Kaufmann (@reydelhumo) as our PyDev of the Week. Manuel has been very active in promoting Python in South America and even received a grant a few years ago to help him in that regard from the Python Software Foundation. He started the Argentina en Python project and he also works for Read the Docs. You can check out his website to learn more about him, although please note that it’s mostly in Spanish. You can also see what projects he is currently contributing to via Github. Let’s take some time to get to know Manuel better!

Can you tell us a little about yourself (hobbies, education, etc)?:

I’m Manuel Kaufmann. A passionate Python developer from Paraná, Entre Ríos, Argentina. Paraná is a small town (compared to other cities in Argentina) with not too much movement around technology. I studied Systems Engineering in a city close to where I was born called Santa Fé and I disliked what was taught there and how, so I decided to quit after some years of studying and continue by myself. I had some problems with English at that time and it was hard to keep up to date with recent technology topics and depend on translations. Also, at work, it was complicated to me to follow long discussions and share thoughts naturally in English. Because of that, I decided to go back to University but this time to study to become an English teacher. When I got what I was looking for after 3 years of hard work, I quit and go back to what I love: programming.



from DZone.com Feed https://ift.tt/2wu5oTb

No comments:

Post a Comment