Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Install Arch Linux on Windows 10 Hyper-V

A few months back, I upgraded my laptop to a new Microsoft Surface Book 2 that has all these nice features, like a detachable screen. My previous laptop and current desktop run Arch Linux as the main OS. My work is mostly done in the IDE Visual Studio Code or shell. VCS runs well on Windows 10, but shell, I don’t think I want to invest too much time in PowerShell and WSL is not exactly the best working environment for me.

I decided to deploy Arch Linux on a Windows Hyper-V virtual machine for my bash needs as I am not yet sure if I want to completely replace Windows as the main desktop on my Surface Book 2, since I still like the detachable screen and Windows 10 face authentication and the VR kit. Maybe, in the near future, I will deploy Arch Linux beside Windows 10.



from DZone.com Feed https://ift.tt/2mXhfnz

No comments:

Post a Comment