Sunday, October 24, 2021

The Debugger Checklist – Part I

I’m a disorganized person by nature. When I follow a process, it’s by habit and intuition. But when a debugging problem keeps me up at night and gets me to that state of mind where a career of raising sheep in New Zealand seems like an attractive option … That’s when I need to back off and walk through this process in an orderly fashion. This process never fails. When you walk through it, you can track any problem. 

Now I’m going to skip a lot of common advice. Most debugging tutorials start with things that relate to a process: File an issue, reproduce as a test case, etc. I think there’s plenty written on that online. People use it as filler since they assume debugging is a simple process. It is sometimes, but as we will learn in this blog, there’s a lot of depth and breadth to this misleadingly simple process.



from DZone.com Feed https://ift.tt/3GfwKP3

No comments:

Post a Comment