Friday, July 30, 2021

Taking the First Step at Open-Source Contribution

Introduction

Before I get involved in open source in the past, I thought only code patches existed in open source contributions. Code contribution to a particular field requires a lot of background knowledge, and at that time it was quite scary to me since I was just one of the open-source newbies. It was very difficult to have a lot of knowledge like a maintainer, and it took a long time, so it seemed unrealistic that I can contribute to an open-source.

Despite this situation, with a passion for being a part of the open-source community, I began to look for ways to contribute to the OSS projects. Soon enough, I learned that there are many different ways to contribute such as bug fix, typo correction, documentation, and review, etc. After learning this, it didn't seem that impossible, so I started my first contribution with the goal of fixing the error I was experiencing at that time.



from DZone.com Feed https://ift.tt/3ibXXIn

No comments:

Post a Comment